Tuesday, September 11, 2012
(1) We began our online Biblical training course (Downline Institute). It has been SO good thus far. God has really been "messin us up" in each class, and we finish each one feeling challenged and encouraged.
(2) We closed on the condo in Chicago (short sale)! Thank you for praying for this over the course of the last year!
(3) We have hosted four team meals and given four chapel talks, thus far for Richmond High School's football team. We are beginning to build relationships with both coaches and players.
(4) We had a great eye glass pick-up/AWANA carnival on Saturday August 25th. It was a great opportunity to love on our city and continue to build new relationships.
(5) September is our birthday month! My birthday was on the 7th, and Josie's is on the 27th. We both turn 35. We are praising God for another year, and for His faithfulness to us.
Please pray with us...
(1) Our AWANA Club kicks off on Thursday September 27th! Please pray with us that we would have the right amount of committed volunteers. Please pray in advance for the children and families we will serve this year through our club.
(2) That seeds would be planted as we give the chapel talks to the football team each week. Also, please pray that relationships will continue to be strengthened with the players and coaches.
(3) Please pray for both of our discipleship groups (Josie's is on Tuesday evening & mine on Sunday evening). Pray that the men and women we disciple would continue to grow in their pursuit of Christ, and that disciple makers would be raised up.
(4) That we would continue to be impacted by the Downline Institute class, and that we would be intentional to pass on what we learn in class each week.
(5) That Jesus would be our first love, and that marriage would be our first ministry.
(Mr. AWANA visited our church in late August to challenge us to "be heroes" to the youth in our community by volunteering at AWANA.)