Saturday, June 03, 2006

Spiritual Heritage


I recently (beginning of May) had the opportunity to take a week's vacation and hang out with my family in Simi Valley California. My grandpa and grandma Clark live there - as well as my Aunt Becky and cousins Matt, Alicia, and Emily. The trip was very refreshing for me, and I came back feeling very thankful for my grandparents. They are amazing people. Over the course of my week there we ate breakfasts, lunches, and dinners together, and had plenty of time to talk. My grandpa is now 89 and my grandma is 81, however, their faith and dedication to the Lord is as strong as it ever was. Spending time with them made me reflect on how I want to spend my life, what really matters, and what it takes to remain faithful to the Lord (perseverance). I don't ever want to retire in the typical American dream sort of way with golf, fishing, seniors resorts, etc. Lord willing, I want to serve the Lord in some capacity well into my retirement years. Seeing my grandparents lives reminded me of Paul's words to Timothy in 1 Timothy 4:7, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."

2 comments:

allan said...

I love your gramps.

Seriously man, it's time for a little update.

allan said...

Dude, forget mySpace and come back to the mature real world of blogger. C'mon fool!