Thursday, February 14, 2008

Puttng Things In Perspective

I am in a Starbucks digging into the book of James. My guy Allan encouraged me to take a look at the Miniature Earth video, and possibly using it to give some perspective on James 5:1-6. I just watched it (and realized I had seen it before), and was sobered by it. I need to watch it a few more times and chew on the numbers and insights a little bit. I just finished reading "Rich Christians In An Age Of Hunger" by Ron Sider (You can check it out at http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/104-2450380-8086318?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Rich+Christians+In+An+Age+Of+Hunger .) It is a sobering read, and it sheds light on some of the same realities that this video does. After you take a look at the video, give me some feedback if you want.

http://www.miniature-earth.com/me_english.htm

What hit you the most?
What are we too often blind of?
How should we respond as Christ-ones?


Let's be some World Changers for the Kingdom!

2 comments:

Aaron said...

Dave,
Great thoughts man! I cannot wait till you get here so we can kick it. See you soon!

Dave Clark said...

Aaron,

I'm really looking forward to it man! Cable Car Joe's, oreos & milk, choppin it up about the Word, seeing the boys, eating Sugar's cooking, hearing you preach...I could keep going...easy. Think about Tom Coughlin's chapped face again and tell me that's not a fun pass.