Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What are you reading this summer?




Monday was the first full day that Chicago Public School students were out of school. So summer is definitely here. The pace has picked up, and the days are long. In the midst of it I hope to carve out time over the course of the summer to do some reading. There are three books that I am hoping to finish this summer. They are...


1) "Disciplines of a Godly Man" by Kent Hughes

I was actually supposed to have finished this one by the end of May with my learning community, but I didn't quite make it through. I have about four chapters to go. This has been a very challenging book, and has caused me to do much self-examination. Each chapter title starts with "Discipline Of" - including: purity, marriage, fatherhood, devotion, prayer, work, perseverance, church, leadership, etc. You can check this book out at Amazon.com at...




2) "Taking A City By Prayer: What Happens When Churches Unite For Renewal"

by Mac Pier and Katie Sweeting

I have only read the introduction thus far, but I am excited to get into this one. I really want to become an intercessor. You can check this book out on Amazon.com at...



3) "Toward A Prophetic Youth Ministry" by Fernando Arzola

I have only read the first chapter of this book. In a nutshell, the author defines a prophetic youth ministry as a Christ-centered youth ministry that is concerned about the wholisitic needs of young people, and desires to see whole life transformation. The first chapter seems to be setting the stage for a deeper discussion. You can check this book out on Amazon.com at...




What are you reading this summer?

No comments: