Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I Do What I Am



A local pastor and friend posted this on another blog, and I thought it was worth passing on. It is a very insightful observation.


"I preached a sermon a month or so ago on Ephesians 2:10, being God's workmanship created for good works. It encourages me that I'm not just called to be a gardener, planting and tending to this broken place which is being reshaped and destined for Edenic (and beyond) proportions, but I am the garden (rather, we are, corporate church), I/we are the planting of God's hand. I'm not just to build the new city now/coming, but I/we are the City, the New Jerusalem, as the Bride. So what I'm doing and what I am are inseparable. I'm compelled to do the work of ministry, tending, building, because I am God's work of ministry, tending, and building. I do what I am."

2 comments:

ladychgo said...

At this point, I really do think I should get paid for your use of that picture. :wink:

Great quote!

Aaron said...

awesome!