Thursday, January 21, 2010

2009 In Books


I am still in reflecting on 2009 mode (somewhat), and a friend of mine inspired me to look back at what I had read and share it with others. I can honestly say that I enjoyed every book on the list below. I did not read a bad book in 2009. I would recommend each book on the list, but probably for different reasons. If you would like more of a cliff notes review on any of them, shoot me a message and I will give more insights. I will say that the book that challenged me and impacted me the most this past year was "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan. I ended up reading it near the beginning and then at the end of 2009. I will most likely do a "highlight" post on the book sometime soon. Anyways, here is my 2009 book list:

“Let Justice Roll Down (autobiography)” by John Perkins
“Holy Discontent” by Bill Hybels
“The Next Evangelicalism” by Dr. Soong-Chan Rah
“Crazy Love” by Francis Chan (I read this book 2 times!)
“Heavenly Man (autobiography)” by Brother Yun
“The Hole In Our Gospel” by Richard Stearns
“Amazing Grace In The Life Of William Wilberforce" by John Piper
“Valuable Selections From the Writings of George Mueller”
“A Chance To Die (biography of Amy Carmichael)” by Elizabeth Elliott
“Save Our Sons” by Carl Ellis
"What He Must Be If He Wants To Marry My Daughter" by Voddie Baucham Jr.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.