Tuesday, January 08, 2013
January Praise & Prayer
Praises(Praise God with us for...)
1) Being able to spend Christmas with family in Chicago and Paw Paw!
2) A great month of praying and planning as a leadership team to close out the year!
3) A great first "semester" of AWANA! We are really thankful for such a great team of leaders/volunteers serving with us.
Prayer Requests (Please pray with us for...)
1) The women's retreat - "Victory Weekend" - our church is hosting this weekend. There will be approximately 60 women gathering on Friday night and Saturday (January 11th & 12th). The emphasis of the retreat is the victory and freedom we can have in Christ - over our past, present, and in the future. Please pray that the Lord would work in and through this weekend, that lives would be transformed!
2) The vision/mission sermon series we are preaching through on Saturday & Sunday mornings. Our revamped mission statement as a church is, "to make disciples of Jesus Christ who give their lives to make disciples locally and globally for the glory of God." We have 3 pillars that propel us towards our mission: Pray, Gather, & Go. We have begun preaching through each pillar, and are praying that these sermons cast vision, and articulate the mission in a compelling way! You can listen to our sermons here.
3) Our upcoming short term missions trip to Zambia. Josie and I will be going with a team from Downline Ministries, where we are currently enrolled as online students in their Biblical disciple making program. The trip is scheduled for June 8th through the 16th. We will be conducting a four day disciple-making conference for Northrise University. Please begin to pray for us as we begin to prepare and raise support for this trip.