Thursday, December 06, 2007

The Words Of A Young World Changer

Right now one of my roles at Sunshine is coordinating our after school program called Club 2-5-2. It is a 3 day a week tutoring program for 2nd through 5th graders. I tell our students all the time that they are world changers and scholars and we talk about what that means. Today one of our 5th grade students brought me a poem that he had written at school. This is the evidence of a young world changer.


“In My World”

In my world, you got to stay strong
In my world, a lot of things are going on
Killing, murdering, I hear it all the time.
People who do it, they get away by lying
Drinking and smoking, some people think its cool.
That stuff is not really good for you.
Don’t take drugs, that will mess up your life.
Being on the streets, you might lose your life.
This is all I’m sayin…
Get an education or you’ll be on your knees prayin’.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thats awesome... that kids got a great heart! A true world changer. I think he might be a little upset that his name isnt on the bottom of your page... he wanted to make sure he had his authorship validated! :)