Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Reflections Of A Runner


This past Sunday morning I once again "competed" in the Chicago Half Marathon. As many of you might remember, I ran in the race last year for the first time. I really didn't know what to expect last year, and my goal going in was simply to "run the whole time." Going into this year, I put a little more pressure on myself. I began training earlier in the summer. I was stricter about my diet. My goal was to get my time under 2 hours this year. Therefore, the morning of the race and even in the days leading up I was "feeling the pressure" so to speak. One of the best things about this year's race was that I had a good friend, Curtis "CZ" Zackery, come into town to run with me. Although we didn't run together during the race (he moves at a much faster clip), it was huge to be able to talk through training practices, morning of routines, diet, etc.

The weather was perfect on Sunday. There were once again approximately 20,000 runners. I was able to finish the race this year with a time of 1 hour and 56 minutes (Praise God!). It felt so good to cross that finish line!!

Here is a "race footage interview" done by Sarah Murphy & Nikki Blodgett...


Here is a "post-race interview" of myself and Curtis "CZ" Zackery done by Nikki Blodgett...


I once again ran to raise money for Sunshine. I want to thank everyone who has either already sent in a donation online, or who is planning to soon. We are still accepting donations! Email me (dave@sunshinegospel.org) if you are interested, and I can send you the donation instructions.

Lord willing, I hope to stay in half-marathon shape and continue to do other runs/races throughout the coming year. I'm a runner, so...

1 comment:

Crystal Marie said...

Good to see you complete a marathon! It's inspirational! There's a gym in my new place, so I have absolutely no excuse not to be getting in shape like you!

Good job Dave and CZ, of course.

Crystal Marie