Monday, December 20, 2010

Kingdom Investments In 2011


I posted these questions in January of this year, but to be honest I really didn't put any "feet" to these questions after I posted them. I have printed them off for myself this year, and I hope to spend some time in the next two weeks thinking and praying through them. These were initially shared on Floyd McClung's blog (he is a missionary who currently serves in Cape Town, South Africa).

In 2011...

1. What’s one way, you could utilize time, to increase your enjoyment of God?

2. What’s the most humanly impossible thing you will ask God to do this year?

3. What’s the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your family life this year?

4. In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year, and what will you do about it?

5. Who are three people you can disciple more intentionally?

6. What is the most helpful way you can build community with a few other followers of Jesus this year?

7. For whose salvation will you pray most fervently this year?

8. Who is the person you most want to encourage this year?

9. What one thing could you do to improve your prayer life this year?

10. What single thing can you plan to do this year that will matter most in ten years? In eternity?


**Note on picture: I had not caught a fish in Montana in approximately 7 years, so the fact that I caught one in 2010 is a great accomplishment! So...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! That is one tenacious grip on that poor fish! It looks like the fisherman simply dipped his hand in the water and manhandled the fish out without a fishing pole! (lol)

I was prepared to discuss Tozer's "The Pursuit of God"; I even reviewed my highlighted sections... but these are good questions too :)

Are the blog followers suppose to report back in a few weeks on what "God is laying on our hearts" (wink) through these questions?