Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Obama on Race in America


Many of you are aware of all of the media attention that Barack Obama's pastor's sermons have been getting lately. I think the media has blown things way out of proportion (that's a whole 'nother blog), and few have responded with honest race dialogue and understanding that Obama calls us all to in the speech he gave today. I am still digesting his words from earlier today. Here is a link to both a video of the speech, and a script of the speech.




Regardless of your political persuasion, I encourage you to read/listen/watch this speech.


Thoughts?

5 comments:

ladychgo said...

I think the person who sent you that link is pretty cool.

Dave Clark said...

Hey, Barack Obama sent me that link...so I agree.

Aaron said...

I think it is the most important speech in the last 40 years! America would be wise to listen and the church has to listen!

Grace and Peace,

Dave Clark said...

Aaron,

I agree man. It was courageous, truthful, insightful, and necessary (and I don't mean politically necessary). I am disappointed and some times disgusted with some of the reactions that I am hearing from various political commentators. It seems like some people only want to critique it and talk about it's political implications. I think they have completely missed it. However, at the same time I am encouraged as I have read some articles that talk about discussions and dialogue that it has sparked amongts Christian groups and on university campuses. I pray that this continues to happen.

I am going to spend some time this weekend reading the speech again and reflecting on it. I am also going to encourage/exhort othters to listen and read it and be burdened by the division in our nation and most disappointingly in our churches.

I appreciate you man. Keep pressin!

Dave Clark said...

If you are interested in further dialogue on this check out the following blogs...

Ed Gilbreath's
http://edwardg.wordpress.com/

Aaron Roy's
www.markaaronroy.blogspot.com

Joel Hamernick's
www.joelhamernick.blogspot.com