Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Montana Experience



This coming Sunday at 6am we will load the Sunshine van with 7 men and their luggage and head west to Bozeman, MT. This will be our 8th summer doing this trip. I have been blessed to be part of all 8 of them. Each year has been memorable in it's own way. God has done amazing things during this interchange as leaders and young men from urban Chicago connect with host families and church members of all ages from rural/mountain Montana. The relationships that have been built over the years have been a beautiful picture of what the body of Christ was intended to be as young and old, black and white and brown, rural and urban have learned from one another, prayed for one another, and shared laughter and tears.

For this year's trip I have undertook a "Montana Trip Alumni Project." I have tried to connect with every young person (many of whom are now young adults) who has been on the trip asking them questions about their current age, job/school, how the Montana trip impacted them, and what message they would give to the church in Montana. I thought I would share one of the responses from a young man who traveled to Montana with us in 2002 and 2004. Here is what he shared...

Name: Timothy Purdis
Age: 25

What are you up to now? U.S. Army - Combat Engineer currently returning from my second tour. Operation Iraqi Freedom

How did the Montana trip impact your life? Going to Montana with Sunshine Gospel Ministries gave me a chance to connect with Jesus in a different way, a different environment and a chance to build new friendships with people outside of Chicago - and keep it going over the years. I got a chance to go mountain climbing, fly fishing and float in a river, if I'm not mistaken.

If you could send a message to the church in Montana, what would you say? Springhill Community Church thanks for the prayer and support throughout both of my tours in Iraq - Spc (P) Timothy Purdis


1 Thessalonians 2:8 = We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well, because you had become so dear to us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You re, I guess , perhaps curious to know how one can make real money .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates around the world.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper partner who uses your money in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://udyguberu.digitalzones.com/erozugu.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may commense to get income with a money that usually goes
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'm ready to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theblogmoney.com