Thursday, August 13, 2009

Montana Quotes





During our time in Montana, I had the privilege of staying with Dave and Sarah LeVea. One of the highlights of our time with them was our nightly gathering around the kitchen table. On our first evening there, Dave introduced the "quote of the day" journal. Each night he would ask us for the quotes of the day from whatever adventure we had been on that particular day. I thought I would share some of them...

On Monday, when Dave let Baby T borrow his study Bible, Baby T thumbed through the pages and smelled the Bible and then exclaimed, "it just feels Holy, Ahhhhhhh!"

On Tuesday night during the devotional session, Pastor BJ stated, "you never know when God will call you out of the pool."

On Wednesday, at the half way point of the fishing trip, when asked how many fish I had caught...I responded "our boat has 2 fish." I was attempting to hide the fact that I once again hadn't caught any fish!

On Friday as a storm was moving near, Devonta said, "I saw thunder."

During the Sunday morning service, Pastor Aaron Roy stated, "God doesn't take kindly to hustlers."

Finally, the guys and I throughout the week began to notice a common trend among men and women who have lived in Montana for a number of years. They all have PHENOMENAL calves, or as we call them "Montana Calves." You will notice the picture of the sample Montana Calves!:)

No comments: