Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Beauty Of The Body


On Sunday April 25th I worshiped and preached at New Hope Church of SW Michigan in Lawton MI.

On Sunday May 2nd I worshiped and presented at Glorious Light Church in Chicago.

On Sunday May 9th I worshiped and celebrated Mother's Day with my mom at Lawton Evangelical Mennonite Church in Lawton, MI.

On Sunday May 16th I returned to worship at my home church in Chicago, Christ Bible Church.

Tomorrow (while on vacation in California) I will worship at Cornerstone Church in Simi Valley California.

Next Sunday (May 30th) I will be worshiping and preaching at Living Hope Neighborhood Church in Richmond, California.

Sunday June 6th I will be worshiping and preaching at City Lights Assembly in Chicago.

All of these churches are very unique. I love all of them! Some of the churches that I mentioned above are predominately white and some are predominately black. One of the churches is a multi-cultural church plant, and one was planted by a Nigerian missionary. Each of them are seeking to make a "glocal impact" - meaning they are committed to reach their neighborhood and the nations. Each worship service is different (different songs, different styles, different service lengths, etc.). Individually and collectively they are a beautiful picture of the body of Christ.

I am thankful for this 7 week journey and for the opportunity to celebrate Christ with my brothers and sisters at these different assemblies. It is a beautiful thing to realize that amidst our differences we are all One underneath the banner of Christ.

Some day I want to get all of the above churches in one arena for a joint worship service! Wouldn't that be crazy? Wouldn't that be beautiful?

2 comments:

Brian said...

Cool, my mother-n-law is only about 45 minutes from Richmond, one of the churches we are connected with does mission trips to Richmond. I think the movie "Coach Carter" was based in Richmond.

Brian said...

My mother-n-law lives only about 45 minutes from Richmond. One of the churches we are connected to does missions stuff in Richmond. I think the school there is where "Coach Carter" is based upon.