Sunday, May 23, 2010

Playing It Safe?



I am re-reading Francis Chan's "Crazy Love." It is a book that God has used to challenge me greatly, to examine my love for Christ, to re-think generous giving, to continuously check my comfort level as I follow Christ. I was reminded of this youtube clip of Pastor Chan in which he likens many of our lifestyles for Christ as "straddling a balance beam." I think, especially given our American Dream influenced Christian culture that we live in, this clip is a good challenge to self-examine whether or not we are playing it safe.

Thoughts??

1 comment:

Jamil said...

Thanks for sharing, Dave. That was quite the reminder! I love illustrations in sermons...the drive the message home in a very effective way!!! In any case, I'm thinking I need to pick up Crazy Love. It keeps coming up in my walk...at least over the past few weeks.