Tuesday, September 06, 2011

September Praise & Prayer


I have decided that each month I am going to post a praise and prayer blog entry. This will be a way to chronicle how God is at work throughout the year! It is also crucial for me to have people praying with me and for me as I begin this new season of pastoral ministry. Here are my praises and prayer requests for this month...

Praises
1) Engagement!
On the evening of Sunday August 21st I got engaged to Joanna "Josie" Albright! I still can't believe it! Lord willing, we will be getting married in early November!

2) The Move
After 36 hours of driving, we made it safely to Richmond, CA! I am thankful for all of God's provisions throughout this time of transition.

3)New Church Family
I am really thankful for my new church family at Living Hope! They have welcomed me with open arms, and many of them worked hard to get my home ready.

4)New Ministry Team
I am thankful for my new team here who I will be serving with and doing life with. These brothers are going to sharpen me, encourage me, and hold me accountable.

5) Saying Goodbye
-The Sunshine staff gave me two wonderful send-offs. We went on a Spirit of Chicago cruise on Lake Michigan as a staff. They also had a going away party at Sunshine on the Thursday evening before I left. It was a very emotional night for me, and I will never forget that time and the words of encouragement that were given.
-My young adult ministry at Christ Bible Church also threw a send-off bbq for me. It was a great time with my friends, and I left feeling very encouraged!

Prayer Requests
1) Moving Josie
Lord willing, on September 29th I will be flying to Branson. We will be driving a moving truck from Branson to Richmond, departing on Saturday October 1st. Please pray for safety and for provision with all of the moving costs.

2)Relationships
-Pray with me that the Lord would give me new discipleship relationships in Richmond!
-Also, pray that I would consistently continue to check in and encourage the young men I was discipling in Chicago.
-One of my responsibilities at the church will be building networks with other social service agencies and churches in Richmond. Please pray that the Lord would give me favor and authentic relationships with community leaders.

3)Richmond HS
Pray that the Lord would give us open doors of ministry at Richmond High School!

4) Preaching Opportunities
I will be preaching at our church on Sunday September 18th and Saturday September 24th. Pray with me that the Lord would give me the words to say, and that Christ would be lifted high in my messages!

5) Support Raising
I am still in need of monthly supporters. Pray that I would trust God to provide for my monthly support needs.

6) Making Disciples
-As a church, it is our hearts' desire to stay focused on our mission, that of making disciples. Pray that we would not become distracted from this, and that the city of Richmond would be impacted with the Gospel!
-This has been a violent summer in Richmond. There was a shooting again this past weekend. Pray that God's peace would reign here, and that our church would be active in working for the peace of the city!

Please let me know how I can be praying for you! You can email me at pastordave@lhnchurch.org


2 comments:

Attila & Tamara said...

Congratulations on your engagement, Dave!

I'm thrilled for you and Josie!

Tamara Szogedi

Dave Clark said...

Thanks Tamara!!