Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Christ-Centered Preaching

One of the blogs I follow is "Pure Church" by Thabiti Anyabwile. He recently had a post where he shared quotes by various men of God on Christ-Centered preaching. Here are a few that stuck out to me...

Martin Luther: "I preach as though Christ was crucified yesterday, rose from the dead today, and is coming back tomorrow."

Charles Bridges: "Let Him be the diamond in the bosom of your every sermon."

Charles Spurgeon: "A sermon without Christ as its beginning, middle, and end is a mistake in conception and a crime in execution.... When we preach Jesus Christ, then we are not putting out the plates, and the knives, and the forks, for the feast, but we are handing out the bread itself.... [Let us] preach Christ to sinners if we cannot preach sinners to Christ.... I wish that our ministry--and mine especially--might be tied and tethered to the cross."

For more, check out the rest of Thabiti's post.

3 comments:

Aaron said...

I was really impacted by them to man! I love his blog!

Dave Clark said...

Pastor Aaron! Come back to the blogosphere!! How about you just do weekly blogs on what you are processing/preparing for your sermons?? Along with monthly ministry/family updates??!! I know I speak for most of your readership!!

Anonymous said...

Generally I do not post on blogs, but I would like to say that this post really forced me to do so! really nice post.