Sunday, March 29, 2009

Musical Opportunity


Recently a good friend of mine, Asher Harris aka Point Ash, told me that he wanted me to be on his album (he is soon releasing a Christian hip hop album). He explained that he wanted me to do a "Dave Clark voicemail style" album intro. I like to be creative with the voicemail messages on my phone, so I am changing it every few months or so with silly songs and catchy little "ditties." I was a little nervous about it at first. When I create a voicemail song no one has to like it, and it's just supposed to be silly. However, since this was for his album I felt the pressure to come up with something unique. I took one of my voicemail tunes and changed the lyrics to reflect his album title. I just tried to be corny and silly and creative and I think it worked (at least Ash was pleased with it). It was really cool to be in the studio with him and to see how much work goes into each song. It was intense work they were doing, but at the same time we laughed till our faces hurt.


His album is really going to be nice. You can check out his music at www.pointash.com or www.myspace.com/pointash He is a good brother in the Lord. He is real authentic, desires to grow, and loves to encourage and build with other brothers.

I wanted to somehow link the audio of the intro to this site, but I am still trying to figure out how to do that. I really feel like this intro could open up other doors for me:) I want to give a shout out to my mom for the gift of writing silly poems and songs...What up Colin?!! (love you mom)

No comments: