Monday, March 16, 2009

Pressing In


I'm in a weird place right now so to speak. I am doing a lot of self-reflection and self examination. I am reflecting on where I'm at in life, where I'm at in ministry, where I'm at in my walk with the Lord. In some ways this is a scary and uncomfortable process. At the same time it is a purifying and good process.

I remember when my good friend Aaron told me that a pastor in Chattanooga TN told him that when things are cloudy or when things seem uncertain to "press in" meaning to press into the Lord, to cling to Him, to trust Him. That is what I am seeking the grace to do right now. I recently memorized Psalm 139:23-24 which says, "Search me O God and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."

In this process, I am asking God for the grace to more fully trust Him.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and if things come too easily -> we forget how rough the road is... and who made the way straight and smooth for us...

Give glory to the LORD~

Aaron said...

First off the "good friend" reference is precious. Likewise my friend.

Secondly I am with you man! I am pressing in as we speak. If the Son of Man doesn't return and God allows both of us to live that long then I am going to really enjoy "pressing in" with you when you get here in May.

God bless!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your hear and where you're at. I too have felt a sense of needing to press in - and I really like the psalm you quoted - I think I'll put that one to memory as well.

This verse from 2 Chronicles was an encouragement for me today: "For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him."

Dave Clark said...

Thanks Anonymous, that's a good word and a good perspective. Thanks for the encouragement.

Aaron,
I love you man and can't wait to be with you guys in May. Keep pressing in brother!

Your dear & trusted one...

Dave Clark said...

Nate,

Thanks for sharing that verse man! That was a verse that I memorized with some teens last year, but I haven't thought about that verse in a little while.

I will pray for you man as you press in too.