Friday, March 27, 2009

What's in a name?



I can't remember when the first time was that someone, after I had introduced myself as Dave Clark, responded with a question and/or a joke about the Dave Clark 5 (rock group from the 60s). I know at some point my parents explained to me what they (older adults) were referring to. I still get it to this day. Most recently, I was at a youth event in the suburbs as a guest judge for a speech competition. When I introduced myself to the woman coordinating the event, she smiled did a little "shimmy" and asked me about the band. I usually smile and say something like, "we retired" or "I'm not doing music anymore."

Here is a tribute clip to the Dave Clark 5. Consider it a "fun pass" for the weekend. I dare you to try and watch this video and not smile.

No comments: